Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bring it, 2012!

Here we are at the end of the year, and I'm glad to note that I've actually achieved one of my goals this year. I signed up for a 100-book challenge and I actually even surpassed it! Yay!

This is also the year in which I started reading romance novels. Everything was new to me, it was fabulous! I can't believe how many brilliant and breathtaking stories I've fallen in love with, not to mention the heroes and heroines that are so beloved and dear to my heart. I have so many favorites, I cannot even begin to choose but I'll be back with my top moments/characters soon.

This year, I got a bit braver and actually managed to share a review on a very well-known website (Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean), which inspired me to write more. One of my goals actually this year is to be able to write more reviews. I find my shelves on Goodreads to be helpful, but I do want to actually sit down and describe how each book has made me feel.


Carrie and I also got to meet Tessa Dare, along with Sylvia Day, Zoe Archer, and Suzanne Forster, during a book signing. It's in my top three of my most magical moments for 2011, to be sure.  Everyone was so amazing and welcoming, and as I sat there listening to these ladies speak, I just tried to absorb the whole experience. Wish I'd have found my voice early on, but alas, I was too starstruck, hahaha. What can I say? I'm a Tessa Dare fangirl for always. ;)

The wonderful and brilliant Tessa Dare.

C and I learned a lot of the behind-the-scenes and  work that goes on beyond the writings.



I'm so glad I discovered the world of romance and that I was able to share my obsessionenthusiasm for the books. Here I am now with so many friends to share the love with. <3 Hopefully I can continue reading these amazing and heartfelt romance stories, but I would also love to pick up books from other genres. I want to go back to reading fiction, young adult, and some of my non-fiction books as well. Oh, and I vow to at least finish one epic series (like GoT!)  :D




I hope 2012 will bring more joy and more fulfillment! Cheers, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment